PROCEDURES FOR WEBSITE COPYRIGHT REGISTRATION IN VIET NAM
Website copyright registration is a very important job to ensure the creators of that website are against unauthorized use of their products, such as copying, and stealing without their consent. Through copyright registration, you will be issued with a Registration Certificate which is the most important document to prove you are the author of the website. However, Website copyright registration procedures are relatively complicated, causing a lot of difficulties for customers when registering by themselves at a competent state agency. And if you are wondering how to register? How to do it, please follow our article below for detailed instructions.
1. Legal basis
- Law on Intellectual Property 2005, amended and supplemented in 2009;
- Law on Information Technology 2006;
- Circular No. 08/2016/TT-BVHTTDL of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism dated July 2, 2016, stipulating forms in registration of copyright and related rights.
2. Websites are protected by copyright in two forms
Copyright registration for the website in the form of applied artworks, as detailed in Decree 22/2018/ND-CP is a work represented by lines, colors, shapes, and layouts. with useful features, which can be attached to a useful object, produced manually or industrially such as: Graphic design (expression of logos, identification system, and product packaging), fashion design, product styling, interior design, decoration;
Copyright registration for website code in the form of a computer program is specified in the Intellectual Property Law 2005, amended and supplemented in 2009. A computer program is a set of instructions for performing tasks. of a computer. A computer requires programs to operate and usually executes program instructions at the central processing unit. A computer program is written in a programming language.
3. Competent state agencies to register website copyright
- Authors and copyright holders may directly or authorize other organizations or individuals to directly or by post submit 01 application for registration of website copyright and related rights at the following agencies:
In Hanoi: Copyright Office under the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, No. 33 Alley 294/2 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi City;
In Da Nang: Representative Office of the Copyright Office in Da Nang City: No. 58 Phan Chu Trinh, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City;
In Ho Chi Minh City: Representative office of Copyright Office in Ho Chi Minh City: 170 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 3.
4. Website copyright registration documents
+ An application for registration of a computer program copyright;
+ 02 CDs containing the website's code;
+ 02 copies of website code with homepage interface;
+ The author's commitment to write the website code by himself, not copy it from any individual/organization;
+ Deciding to assign work to employees to code the website (in case the author is an employee of the company) or a contract to outsource the design (in case of hiring a 3rd party to conduct);
+ 01 copy of the website owner's identity card (individual) or the website owner's business registration certificate (legal entity);
+ Copy of the identity card of the author / co-authors (notarized);
+ The author's commitment to the honesty in the process of creating computer programs and signed by the author;
+ Original power of attorney for website code copyright registration (if the applicant is an authorized person.
5. Website copyright registration procedure
Step 1: Owner/author/co-author prepares documents and information needed for website copyright registration;
Step 2: Authors, copyright holders directly or authorize other organizations and individuals to submit 01 set of application for website copyright registration at the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (Copyright Department). or the Representative Office of the Copyright Office in Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang City). Resumes can be sent by post
Step 3: Receive and process registration documents. Within 15 working days from the date of receipt of a valid application, the state management agency in charge of copyright is responsible for granting a certificate of copyright registration for the Web site to the applicant. In case of refusal to grant a certificate of copyright registration to a Web site, the state management agency in charge of copyright must notify in writing the applicant.
Above is information about Website Copyright Registration Procedures. For more information and advice on this matter, please contact directly with Law Doanh Tri by one of the following methods:
Hotline: 0911.233.955 – (024) 6293 8326
Enterprise Law is very pleased to accompany you!
Bài viết ngày được thực hiện bởi: nguyenthithuytrang
Chức vụ: Giám đốc công ty
Lĩnh vực tư vấn: Dân sự, Hình sự, Doanh nghiệp
Trình độ đào tạo: Thạc sỹ Luật, MBA
Số năm kinh nghiệm thực tế: 10 năm
- REGISTERING COPYRIGHT OF COMPUTER SOFTWARE
- PROCEDURES FOR MARK REGISTRATION FOR MILK TEA SHOPS
- PROCEDURES OF TRADEMARK REGISTRATION IN VIETNAM
- BENEFITS OF REGISTERING COPYRIGHT IN VIETNAMESE LAW
- RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF AUTHORS AND PATENT OWNERS
- PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION OF COPYRIGHT IN VIETNAM
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR COMPUTER SOFTWARE COPYRIGHT IN 2021 IN VIETNAM
- PROCEDURES FOR COPYRIGHT REGISTRATION OF COMPUTER SOFTWARE
- THE PROVISION OF COPYRIGHT IN VIETNAM
- TRADEMARK REGISTRATION IN VIETNAM
- COPYRIGHT YOUTUBE REGISTRATION IN VIETNAM
- REGISTRATION OF COPYRIGHT IN HO CHI MINH CITY
- TIKTOK CHANNEL COPYRIGHT REGISTRATION IN VIETNAM 2022